5th and 6th grade responses to science questions on tests:
- There are 26 vitamins in all, but some of the letters are yet to be discovered.
- Genetics explains why you look like your father, and if you don't, why you should.
- Vacuums are nothings. We only mention them to let them know we know they're there.
- The cause of perfume disappearing is evaporation. Evaporation gets blamed for a lot of things people forget to put the top on.
- Water vapor gets together in a cloud. When it is big enough to be called a drop, it does.
- Mushrooms always grow in damp places, which is why they look like umbrellas.
- Momentum is something you give a person when they go away.
- A monsoon is a French gentleman.
- The word "trousers" is an uncommon noun because it is singular at the top and plural at the bottom.
- To keep milk from turning sour, keep it in the cow.
- When planets run around and around in circles, we say they are orbiting. When people do it, we say they are crazy.
- For asphyxiation, apply artificial respiration until the patient is dead.
- Thunder is a rich source of loudness.
- One of the main causes of dust is janitors.